I am spending a wonderful summer in Patagonia. Close to the lake and my dear mountains. Been listening to a lot of music while I trekk, kayak or just sit here enjoying the view.
Here is a list of the top 10 songs(I left many out):
1) Woods – Bon Iver: The Hymn of the summer. I played it so many times it became a mantra.
2) Runaway – Kanye West: The new @kanyewest album is awesome, and the video even more so. The Black Swan of music videos. The whole record has been playing a lot.
3) Blame Game – Kanye West: Listen carefully and try not to laugh to the fabulous Chris Rock monologue at the end. Kanye has a twisted sense of humor. John Legend is incredible.
4) Song For You – Alexi Murdoch: A beautiful little song. Enchanting.
5) Elusive – Scott Mathews: Another increidble song that I’ve been listening for a while now.
6) Horchata – Vampire Weekend: A fun and upbeat song that sounds like Indian music.
7) Words – Guillemots: Fantastic lyrics and a mellow voice make this song a winner.
8 ) Twice – Little Dragon: She is a mix of Bjork and Erykah Badu. Great voice and taste.
9) Eet – Regina Spektor: A pop star with real talent. Really love her voice.
10) Something’s going to Come – Adem: What a great song. It makes me feel better.
I just started listening to the new Radiohead algum The King of Limbs. It is not included in this list, but it probably should.
Love to listen to new songs if you let me know your favorites.
Next winter I will post the Winter Songs.